We create amazing Webflow templates for creative people all around the world and help brands stand out.
Information Architecture restructure
Sketches & Sitemap
Feature breakdown &
Research & Ideation
Before we jump into the redesign, I had to first fully understand how the user interphase worked - especially the pitfalls and successes of the site.
To begin, we had three one hour sessions with focus groups ranging between three demographics; however, I would have liked to have conducted user interviews to further the research. Overall, I did like the valuable information I learned through these sessions.
Here we take a screen shot of every view and organize its various elements into categories. This will enables us keep track of all information as we reshape the user interphase.
Courses & Certificates
To update the visual identity, we added: Marriweather as the heading type, Avenir as the body and interphase font, applied a greater range of vibrant colors, and created a slick thin set of icons.
The redesign propose was to create a more organized, less information, and more action approach. This update provides users with necessary information and the ability to register for courses quickly. The update also provides the ability for users to get more information quickly without confusing the user. The new website will help sell the fact that Emory is the leading organization in research and education. Users now have the functionality they have been waiting for and can sell the courses to their employers.
A clean, almost subdued visual design puts content first and successfully enhances the new brand identity to adhere to Emory's standards. In addition, the new user interphase structure provides an improved user experience and provides users the ability to register for important courses.
The purpose of this redesign was to fix the entire user experience ranging from: getting the proper information, finding a course, to registering and completing a user profile. I also had to rebrand the site to be more up-to-date with the new university brand that was being introduced.
In the end, this was a challenge. I concluded that the organization of the old structure was pretty difficult considering how unorganized it was.
I did lack the amount of user research I would have liked to get; however, we did get some valuable feedback through three different focus groups.
Overall, I am happy with how the user interphase turned out and that we provided an experience the users will be happy with.